DEADPOOL for #SixFanArts (2020)


The very first fanart request for my #SixFanArts was for Marvel's Mercenary With the Mouth; "Deadpool" (Thanks @danpugmaster), which admittedly, I had to google to find visual reference for, and ultimately choosing the film version (starring Ryan Reynolds) over the comic book version... to which I first started with the below-featured doodle:


I could barely believe the misshapen form I ended up with (I literally drew this sideways lol) ... and decided to redo the doodle, this time using a base wax pencil - trying a "new style", thinking I will add markers to the sketch straight-up, with no to minimal inks (primarily because my ink pens are drying up :p) ... here is the penciled base prior to markers:



(Above pix on Instagram)

Recognising before I started this sketch-challenge that I will be producing analog hand-drawn pieces, as opposed to the digital illustrations I have been seeing online, I initially worry about the finished layout of the drawing within the box, and that I did not have the digital resources to insert said drawing - which would've been a snap with photoshoot (for which I have no access to) - where I would be literally cutting-n-pasting straight-up with no frills. But I ultimately decided the drawing itself would be more "important" (hence these posts :p), than the final 6-panel-presentation, thanks :)

I reckon in the end I overloaded the doodle with way too much highlights and layers (my constant excuses for covering up my lack of drawing skill and piss-poor anatomy :p), and a reminder to try to add on "less" in my subsequent #sixfanart attempts :p


These are the final images, with the above being the original ipHone-6 snapped pic (above), while the below image is the enhanced in-phone version. The image posted up top of this post is the "glamour" shots I took at the completion of the 6 pieces :)



(Above pix on Instagram)

Comments

Popular Posts