Drawing #LOONABOT: "LIPPIE-99" (Inspired by #KimLip of #LOONA)



[ Above image on Instagram ]

Introducing the “LIPPIE-99” = a #LOONABOT inspired by Kim Lip of South Korean girl group LOONA, with this robot owl possessing razor-blade feathered wings and object crushing angular shoulders - be careful of this time-traveling owl tho, for when she had her Odd Eye fixed on you, there will be no escape from the eclipse of your heart!

Name Options include: "LIPPINGTON-99" and "QUEENLIP-99", which is a combination of her nicknames and her birth year "1999".


Profile
Stage Name: Kim Lip (김립)
Birth Name: Kim Jung-Eun (김정은; 金定恩)
Birthdate: February 10, 1999.
Astrological sun sign: Aquarius
Chinese zodiac sign: Tiger
Color: Red (빨간색)
Animal: Owl (부엉이)
Superpower: Time Travel

(Above info via loonatheworld.fandom.com)

I LOVE that the members of sub-unit ODD EYE CIRCLE has "super-powers", which opens up a whole new realm of possibilities! If I could draw the female form well, I'd definitely have attempted "Superhero"-guises for all three members: Kim Lip, JinSoul and Cheorry!


The above image is the snap of the original line-art I desaturated first in my phone's filter, than further edited it to a all-black-on-white image on my desktop. Sadly the line-integrity os not strong ... I still cannot get away from analog doodling tho ... Hopefully this will be the year I try digital doodling...


In addition to my myriad of drawing-weaknesses (which includes trying any and all female forms), I've never been able to draw a decent bird. In fact, I think I have a mild-to-nigh fear of birds ... I wouldn't know for sure, as I've never dared hold on in my hands, or let perch on my fingers (Please do not imagine me wearing a Snow White dress sitting in the forest, thanks), which was ironic as I'd had a week's stint at the local bird park's cafe, some decades back during the school's holidays, but I digress...

How I arrived at this drawing was based on two things happened on Sunday, only moments between each other: seeing a photo image on Facebook that showed a Owl crossing its legs (I don't know if this is anatomically legit or not, but it certainly solved my headache about how the Owl's pose will be in my doodle... :p), and then randomly watching Kim Lip's "Eclipse" MV, and seeing the red-eyed owl. And then while waiting refresh a page, I put ink to a penciled Owl I was not too wholly convinced by, earlier in the day. Can't seem to get the wings' posed position out of my mind tho (Cue Kim-Lip's resting arm meme :p).

So this ended my Sunday night #hengdraw / #toysrevilart, which frankly I did not plan for ... and of course the owl’s eye is RED.

Comments

Popular Posts