My #Inktober2018 (DAY 19-24): #PromptMen


#promptmen started out as fictional "comicbook-styled" characters defined by the official prompt words for Inktober 218, into a rag-tag squad of vigilantes (I love the notion of "rag-tag" :p) that loosely forms, well, a "squad" of characters, whom individually they are pretty "useless" in their efforts, but "together"? Might make a dent in the scene, as it were ... I haven't yet thought of a "name" for the group though ... nevertheless, here is a look at INKTOBER 2018 DAYS 19 to 24 (of 31)!


He burns for your forgiveness... he yearns for your love charred to a crisp, a eternal burnt man with a secret ... he is SCORCHED! (Day 19/31).


Introducing “BREAK ABEL” - The Splitting Man! (Day 20/31).

Able to break out of his own shell of an immortal, Abel fights injustice as the different person each time! Just a lil’same same ... Pencilled base, calligraphy pen inked and marker pen coloured & finished.


Introducing "DRAIN" = Drake does not want to drain your body dry of blood, he wants to drain your energy out of your criminal bones! (Day 21/31)

H Penciled base (swipe to view sketch), calligraphy pen inked, and coloured in Copic markers.



Dude: “So, what’s your Super-power? Are you rich or sumthin’?”

CASH: “I’m not rich, just EXPENSIVE...”

This is my interpretation of Day 22/31 prompt word ... and of course, "Cash" is a "bionic man" - a somewhat "booted" character I;d had since my teen years, inspired by "The Six Million Dollar Man", actually! LOL

I'd actually attempted to draw / "reveal" his character in a Facebook "live" doodle (my first try ever, along with "Monkey King x Captain Planet" attempt :p), with the video embedded below, AND after which I "cheated", and finished with inks to define the form ... :p


Tried doing a (unplanned) "live" FB video while I doodled ,,, still need to sort out my camera directions and whatnot ,,, this is my first live video, okay?! Don't judge me! lol

Posted by Andy Heng on Monday, October 22, 2018



View this post on Instagram

#hengdraw #toysrevilart #promptmen #toysrevilink2018

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on



You know when you feel your mind is clouded and MUDDY? Affecting your movements, becoming sluggish and being generally incapacitated? You’ve THIS guy to thank! As apart of the #promptmen he might seem unassuming and powers uneventful, but he is a decent telepath in training!

This is my Day 23/31 #inktober2018, which frankly is a cop out on my end, at least on the character design front, as I am more concerned about his “powers” than his looks! :p screwed up drawing his hands tho!!! ... I actually did another doodle just for aesthetic sakes here :p


Day 24/31 #inktober2018 with the prompt word: “CHOP” - featuring my final #promptmen vigilante doodle of the guy with an axe hand!

Without thinking too much into it as I doodled and created the character (as I did all the others in this group, I did not plan or pre-design them too far ahead, except for when I started penciling in ...). but maybe TMNT's "Casey Jones"'s hockey mask played into my subconsciousness?

Hope you folks enjoyed my "Prompt Men" (*Still needs a proper squad/team moniker :p), and thank you for viewing thus far :)

Cheers and Doodle-ON!
Andy TOYSREVIL

Comments

Popular Posts