TOYSREVIL CollARTbo Series (2011)


Shown in the above video are the "raw" drawn images I had used for what I had named the "TOYSREVIL CollARTbo Series", first launched in 2011, whereby I drew one-side (either left or right), while participating artists drew the opposite side, and the results of which would be photoshopped together, to create a single "collaborative" image - the results of which were first uploaded on Facebook, and subsequently on the TOYSREVIL-blog (in 2018), and as well on my Instagram (2018):

View this post on Instagram

SWIPE thru to view artwork from 2011 for #TOYSREVILART #CollARTbo Series featuring art from folks like @brizl @jcrivera @almostcolossal @mimicdesign & more can be seen here on #Facebook: https://bit.ly/2tBARBx & featured #onTOYSREVIL: https://bit.ly/2Kr6kwE for #throwbackthursday *Seen 2nd image are my doodles where folks were invited to draw the opposite side facing for, in this collaborative project. I'd tried a "reboot" in 2015 to zero response, and decided since not to carry on with this, except for a #TBT post today! Which is a real pity, as this was one of the ways I could do to interact and collaborate with artists and hobbyists out there, as a wannabe I want to have fun too, ya know? :) #hengdraw

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Remembering distinctly this was a persona sketch-project, and actively kept it separate from my predominantly toys-blog, until I tried to revive the project on the blog in 2015, alas to disappointing response (AKA "None" lol), and I'd since decided to not carry on this project.

Growing up, I had always doodled "alone", but never really had the opportunity to collaborate with anyone - least of all not wanting my lack of skill to pull anyone's art down (Not for the lack of self-confidence but I'm not oblivious to what's around me LOL), but have always wondered how it would be? Especially growing up reading comic books - where a crew of folks are needed to complete a final piece/pages of work: from the penciller, to the inker, to letterers to colorists! I'd "operated" like a "indie-self-publishing" hobbyist for decades, and long to experience something I would not have the ability to afford paying others to collaborate with me, truth be told - so a nation like "CollARTbo" was an appealing premise for me, selfishly speaking, of course...


With the recent multiple #lockdownart collabo sketch-challenges on social media, all of which had left me "itchy" again for this project, but I guess the moment has passed, but nevertheless I'd decided to video-archive it, along with posting individual images - only recently found in my stash - on my Insta: HERE + HERE, and of course posted here in my sketch-blog. Time to move forward :)

Comments

Popular Posts