My "Singapore Breakfast Set" for #draw53sg

Looking for doodles/illustrations about Singapore by Singaporeans or folks currently based in Singapore, for (possible) blog-post on TOYSREVIL, on National Day (August 9th)! Be it existing illustrations or brand new doodles - AS LONG AS they are drawing/illustration/doodles, NOT "photographs", thanks. Only "photos" would be your street art / graffiti you did on walls and surfaces in Singapore :p They could be colored, black-n-white, fully painted, quick doodles, masterpiece - as long as they are YOUR WORKS/ART, not taken from someone else. THEMES: (1) FOOD (2) #singaporelife (3) SG Peeps (4) Street Art (5) Anything Else Hit me up here or in DM with your IG links - as I'd love to embed your pics (as long as they are set to "Public" tho :p) ... or you could hashtag #draw53sg and I'll try and track them down (no guarantees tho :p) ... and yes, I am insane to try to post 53 drawings, I know, I know... Sorry, this is a non-paying project.

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


I had started out seeking contributions of sketches from Singapore and Singapore-based artists/hobbyists to post on the TOYSREVIL on August 9th - to help commemorate and celebrate Singapore's 53rd birthday - on both my Instagram and my personal Facebook (not openly soliciting :p), and did two drawings for that - one specifically to use as the base for a "want ad" (so to speak) ... and another as a contribution to said project/challenge - BOTH of whom are essentially "kaya-toast and eggs"!

The top image used for the "want ad" was based on the sketch (posted below), which I had somewhat altered (in "previews" on my Mac, since I'd lost the use of Photoshop, for some wars now :p). Unfortunately the "red" I had used was more "pink", so I had to "cheat" with a digital image instead :p\

And yes, I HAD to have a hashtag, right? Check "#draw53sg" on Instagram for everyone's contributions :)


The subsequent image I re-drew, was the kaya-toast + soft+boiled-eggs + coffee combo, which hardly turned out the way I'd wanted it to (I can only blame my weak foundation skills, or lack thereof LOL), and this notion I had wanted to use the YELLOW paper base as the "yolks" in the drawing, while colouring everything else around it ... the result being: IT'S ALL YELLOW, tragically so! LOL

Featured directly below is the "original" image unfiltered, while the subsequent Instagrammed image has been filtered in-phone, after being cropped in camera (*I've not scanned any image for the past few years as I currently do not own a scanner, and post direct off mobile-phone snaps of my doodles LOL).

MY CAPTION: "This simple breakfast spread of 2 half-boiled eggs with dark soya-sauce and white pepper, alongside a kaya toast combo, washed down with black coffee no sugar, is a “typical” Singapore breakfast I am used to, that reminds of my home country ... not necessarily the “taste”, but sometimes of the everyday mundane folks - like myself - have taken for granted.

I do not wholly enjoy Kopi oh korsong, only becoz post-Stroke I try to avoid sugar thanks to my diabetes, and milk as it has since become disagreeable with my tummy hahaha simple food and beverage but can’t simply eat them guiltlessly :p ... but I can’t complain about my status quo, at the very least I can enjoy the eggs nomnomnom

I don’t necessarily adore it, as much as I appreciate it :)

This is my contribution to #draw53sg, celebrating Singapore’s 53rd Birthday, #onTOYSREVIL :)"

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Featured below is a montage of everyone else's contributions thus far (aiming to stop uploading more this Sunday/tomorrow, but we'll see... I am not here to deny anyone's contributions (Even my mum's doodling something right now as I type this at hand-to-12 midnight on Saturday night LOL)

Comments

Popular Posts