My #myfavfictionheroes for Inktober 2018


I started this micro-series with the intention to feature/connect the recent media happenings at New York Comic Con, and related movie and tv show characters whom started from comicbook origins/source.

And yes, all the characters in this series of doodles are "male", only because I am absolutely terrible at drawing the female form! One day I will conquer that, one day...

SWIPE TO VIEW:

Day 7/31 for #inktober2018 is my interpretation of HELLBOY! Fueled by the excitement of the recent "Legendary AF" poster (and maybe even the banner image), my incarnation of Big Red is shown clad in a BRPD training tee - sone in calligraphy ink pen, red and grey markers, with white pen ink highlights.


Immediately after the above doodle, I'd felt I wanted to have another go at Hellboy (Because I didn't achieve what I had initially set out to do....), and eventually tried to do simpler lines, but hella crap on proportions tho lol - but I like it ... tbh this has been my defacto-style to go to all these years, with the sheer lack of basic anatomy skills to back my play MUAHAHAHAHAHA :p


Day 8/31 doodle is dedicated to AQUAMAN! Inspired by the NYCC-release of the Extended Video, and am intrigued to see how this "tone" for DC "cinematic universe" will work, or appeal to my visual experience, selfishly speaking :p

The last time I drew "Arthur Curry" was actually over a decade back in 2006, and posted on TOYSREVIL! I'd always been pretty proud of those doodles too... am still :)

Meanwhile, I question my choice to color-in the background for this doodle -.-"


Featured above is the time-lapse for my Day 9/31 interpretation of a "Bullseye" dressed in Daredevil suit, inspired by the video teaser for the third season of Marvel's DAREDEVIL on Netflix, released circa New York Comic Con.

And while I've never been a HUGE fan of the character (Thanks to the ridiculous celluloid incarnation by Colin Farrell OMG), I am kinda interested to see how this pans out, being hired by the Kingpin to screw with Matt Murdock's and friends' lives! How can you resist such faux-drama?


The thing about live-action "superhero"-shows (film or TV) is the appeal of the fantastical and fun notions of the genre, and NOT the "realism" of how these people and happenings are to the "real" world ... I want to escape into, and enjoy my "reel world", because I could look out the window to see the actual real world instead, innit? IMHO, of course :)

Moving on...!


Dedicating Day 10/31 #inktober2018 to DEADSHOT from the DC Universe, with today's exciting news of James Gunn writing (and possibly directing?) "Suicide Squad 2"!

TBH, I'd enjoyed the first "Suicide Squad" film for what it was (and not what people had hoped it to be, which seems to be the trend these days, innit?), and after his "exit" from #GuardiansoftheGalaxy (Being fired from the success he helped created must've sucked), I am looking forward to seeing his work for the "opposition" ... this type of "rivalry" has been in existence for decades, and one side's loss could well be the other's gain LOL

Although I wouldn't mind having that WHITE mask gone tho... >.@" ~ Heh.


Day 11/31 dedicated to “Robin” from the new DC Universe tv show “TITANS” - of Batman’s former sick-kick being the intense and violent standout of Ep1 so far! And while I’ve many words to share, I’d “normally” wait til the 3rd or 4th episodes before I weigh in on a series, or decide whether or not it’s worth my attention and time ... can’t binge this series too!! LOL


Day 12/31 featuring Marvel’s IRON FIST from the Netflix series, who unfortunately has been in the news cycle today for having the distinction of the tv series being cancelled after season 2!

I personally didn’t think Season 1 was as bad as folks thought (and I know I was being naively tolerant, becoz I loved the comicbook IRON FIST lah, and wanted to like the show lor) … but tbh, I could not carrying on binging after Ep4 ended - I was distracted by tasks at hand - and could not get back to watching it afters ... there was just no sense of urgency or desire to do so, even though admittedly it had been much better than Season 1 had been (thus far into Ep4, IMHO) ... and of course having the ending spoilt for me “unintentionally” on youtube (*my fault for clicking play :p), the fun sorta floated away somehow ... although now I could watch the series and know it has a finite ending? R.I.P. tv series .... but you can bring Colleen Wing back tho! :)

A small part of me felt, it was all the fault of “curly hair”… *cough*

Time for the next cycle of doodles!

Cheers
Andy

Comments

Popular Posts