Drawing LOONABOT for "March of Robots 2020"

The "plan" was to doodle "Robot Animals" for the 12 members of South Korean girl group LOONA (referred to here as "OT12"), based on their animal representatives, as designated/given to them by their company Blockberry Creative, and not something they had chosen on their own. And if given the inspiration, I'll try to add in their designated COLOUR and FRUIT... Featured below is the list for OT12 ... heh.

WHO-ARE: "Loona (stylized as LOOΠΔ) is a South Korean girl group formed by Blockberry Creative. Its twelve members were revealed in a periodic fashion, corresponding to their Korean name Idarui Sonyeo (이달의 소녀), which translates to "Girl of the Month"." (Wiki).
I've been listening and watching a lot of LOONA and the girls on youtube recently (while trying not to be a creeper - dont judge), in tandem with posting about them on my music hobby-blog on TUNES TALK, AND pairing them up with recommending designer toys on TOYSREVIL ... and realising that that's a whole lot of LOONA content at a go, innit? But this is a passion project of mine, so I'll rather push forward and enjoy myself while I'm at it LOL

Back to the doodle-plan: This sketch project was initially tied to "March of Robots" sketch challenge (which happened annually in the month of March) ... And while I'd attempted previous year's, this year however, was very nearly a complete wash-out, EXCEPT for these doodles which I managed to "complete" before the clock struck twelve (Singapore time) for "April 1st". Yes, I'd rather be a stickler for this timeline, than shifting the goalpost - like I did and struggled in previous attempts LOL

"WHY ROBOTS?" you might ask? - Simply because I am not a skilled doodler and can get away with "more" while drawing "robots", okay? HAH.

And while I have done for CHUU and HEEJIN, I will "attempt" to complete my #LOONABOT-sketches, but without the MOR hashtag, and posting on this sketch-blog, until such time I can complete the OT12, and then shamelessly feature on TOYSREVIL ... well, I'll try anyways ... meanwhile...


Introducing "ChuuGuin99" LOONABOT (She was born in the year 1999) = A robotic-enhanced penguin who has since escaped her enclosure to wreck havoc in the Kpop world, devouring all hearts with her air-bite and steal your apples with her angelic singing voice - that is if you are lucky to hear her singing voice...! This is my March of Robot doodle inspired by CHUU's animal representative, the Penguin.

[ Above Image HERE on Instagram ]


Introducing the "RabbiJin2000" LOONABOT (She was born in the year 2000) = A bionically enhanced rabbit with ultra-booster speed! Even with her additional speed she still works doubly hard to push herself, and even if everyone around her says “you are the fastest!”, she’ll only believe herself if she has run as hard ... if you are lucky, you’ll be able to see electric pink neon streaks as she runs past your vision...! This is my #marchofrobots2020 doodle inspired by HeeJin of #LOONA (not supposed to be so “angry” looking tho... :p) and her "Rabbit" representative animal, and the color "pink"!

I had initially wanted to name this bot "Heekki2000" ("Heekki" is one of HeeJin's nickname), but felt I didn't have the 'right' to do so somehow ... would've been cuter tho, IMHO...

[ Above Image HERE on Instagram ]


Another pass at my RabbiJin2000 LOONABOT doodle, this time trying to show the bionic-bunny jumping in mid-air, like LOONA’s HeeJin in the final shot of "Hi High" (music video embedded below :p) ... or at least that’s the inspiration ... :p

I also did not fully ink the final image, choosing to just have the pencil sketch base and marker highlights ... I did not want to muck up this doodle more than I already had!

[ Slideshow Images HERE on Instagram ]


Comments

Popular Posts