#MyApeFink Sketch Challenge Attempts



(Above image on Instagram)

The above featured sketch for EVIL APE was apart of @mcaevildesign's #MyApeFink sketch-challenge, which prompts folks to #drawitinmystyle featuring his "Evil Ape Fink" character (to be made into a designer toy somewhen too - the source of this challenge). I have been featuring the designer on TOYSREVIL since 2007, and could not resist the opportunity!

Shown below is the uncoloured base (Yes, I am still on analog doodling mode :p), before realising I have far more pure coloured marker pens in my collection, which is quite "strange", as my set is based on "Interior Design"-needed colors from decades back when I studied and bought these...! Or maybe I was far more intrigued and interested in more lux colors back in the day for my interiors...? LOL


... and then I reckon I got a bit too carried away with a new doodle, this time following the literal interpretation, showcasing the "APE"-angle more... ala the classic "Grape Ape" cartoon, with a slide of "Bizzaro" ... LOL

But I'm pretty happy to achieve this, and decided to opt for a uncoloured version, with "cleaner" lines ala "Coloring Pages"...



(Above image on Instagram)

Comments

Popular Posts